Monday, March 17, 2014

Simple Pasta Dough

Have you ever made your own pasta dough? I know, it sounds like a lot of work and why make something you can buy for like $1 in a box. I'm not saying the boxed stuff isn't good, but homemade pasta dough is like a totally different animal. I don't do it all the time because it is obviously a bit more effort, but not as much as you would think!

 
This recipe is for a small batch. Enough to make pasta for 2. Just double it if you want more! Pretty simple ingredients. Since eggs vary so much in size just start with 3 eggs and 1 1/2 cup of flour. You can always increase if the dough seems too wet.
 
 
Mix the eggs and put them in the center of the flour. Use a fork to mix it up until it's completely incorporated. You should be able to pick it up and form it into a ball. If not...add more flour!
 
 
Knead on a floured surface for like ever. The dough should be springy and smooth. This took me like 15 minutes and I broke a sweat...but I don't have to work out today so it's all good. Chill in the fridge for at least a 1/2 hour.
 
 
Now roll out in a pasta maker or use a rolling pin. The key is to get it as thin as possible without tearing it. I filled these with artichoke hearts, sautéed spinach and garlic, and feta. They were amazeballs.
 
 
Topped em with garlic butter. Nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment