Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Thrifty Tuesday

You know I actually DO have certain items in mind when I go to the thrift store on Tuesdays. In fact I don't go unless there is something specific that I am looking for and this Tuesday I was looking for a shelf. I didn't find the shelf but I did control myself a little. There is a glass case and the stuff in the case is 1/2 off on Tuesdays and there was a whole box of jewelry I wanted to dig through but I controlled myself...a bit. I could not however pass up the following items...


 
These...these most awesome vintage (1934 according to the interwebs) teacups and plate. The cups have some small cracks and the plate is scuffed but they were .25 each so I paid like nothing for them. I should have got more, there were more but seriously...what am I going to do with these let alone MORE of these? I do have some upcycling ideas that may or may not get done in the future. We will see!
 
 
This groovy 60's Christmas candle! My grandma has one like it that is the Little Drummer Boy and I just really liked the church on this one. It reminds me of my Putz houses and I plan to put them together next year...well not too close (the Putz houses being made out of 50 year old cardboard and all).
 
 
And these last two little items. The peg thingy will be spray painted and hung in either the kitchen or the back porch I think. The gold frame I want to spray paint white and hang in our room. Part of me is tempted to chalkboard it but we will see.
 
 
And for those of you thinking "Dude, isn't this a craft blog? What's with the all the pictures of old junk?!" (ok don't know if anyone is actually thinking that), here is a picture of my latest project. The beginnings of a Lego quilt that needs to be finished by Sunday. I need more fabric for the top but the roads were outrageous today so I will venture out tomorrow. The colors were my sons choice and man, I don't know what it is about these colors but they make me queasy. I can't decide if it's because I had a clown lamp in my childhood room in the 80's this color or if it reminds me of elementary gym class (you know, the parachute, and dodge balls, and my gym teachers hideous Jamz). Blech. But my little man wants these colors so that's what he gets!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment